How many times you found yourself in a situation when you joined a new team or got a new job and were extremely motivated to do your best and wanted to get noticed for your great performance, yet you just did not know how?
How many times you found yourself in a context where for too long you have been doing the same thing over and over again to the point that you were merely repeating a routine?
How many times you found yourself at the same time in exactly both situations? Joined a new team, struggled to get things done but with time and experience you started to excel in your tasks but yet, it came to a point where you felt kind of “stuck”?
Well, the good news is that most of us face these situations and that we all are in control of how we wish to ignite our performance and future growth.
The learning curve is the so-called proportion between experience (increasing over time) and the learning whilst doing a specific task. The more experience you acquire the more you learn at doing something.
Each one of us is improving with time at doing his/her job, and by acquiring experience and expertise this learning at some point comes to an end, leading to a situation where there is nothing more to learn and to experience. The consequences associated with this can be multiple, such as frustration at work, low performance, increase of errors and so on.
To ignite again performance and motivation, a “rebirth” is needed. How?
Start with simple steps:
- Review your current responsibilities and rate your performance on those on a scale from 0 to 10 (10 the highest) ;
- Any surprises? Select the top three that you believe can be improved
- Public Professional Identity: ask three of your most trusted colleagues the following questions on your performance:
- What do you admire most about me professionally?
- What do you think I do best?
- Do I inspire you? If so, how?
- What about me makes me a one-of a kind colleague?
Now that you’ve done your homework, consider using what your colleagues said about you to improve those top 3 responsibilities.
At Barcelona Ambassadors, we strive for better performance in team building activities. Our major aim is for you to be “reborn” within your team and guide you back on track to a prosperous professional career!